Wednesday, March 05, 2008

世纪公园的梅花

I went to 世纪公园 with my housemates last Sunday, 2nd March.

It's a beautiful place, totally suitable for couples. In fact, we saw so many couples there! People stared at us as if we're some goondos who went there in a group of 5.


Well, our main purpose was to look at the Plum Blossoms. No, the above are not the buds or whatever. There are called 金八角 or something, because the leaves have 8 corners.

On a totally irrelevant note, there's many 'bonsai statues' in the park that you can cam-whore with.

Like the Eiffel Tower.

Acrobats! Here's my cute housemate trying to imitate the gracefulness. I tried myself, but I looked more like a flamingo, so no picture of that!

How about getting shot by a director? :P

Ah... This one has the feel of Jay! *swoon*
A guitarist serenading me! Shall be quiet yea?

A giant playing the cello! Jay-feel again! ^^

The 2 girls went on this ride at the mini amusement park. They saw others on it screaming and thought that it's stupid, 'cos the ride doesn't look scary at all. But they were wrong. The seats can swivel 360 degrees, and they went down backwards. Screamed their heads off, hehehe.

Looking at the lush green patches, we can't help but play a little. :P

The JUMP! Look at the weird expressions of hysteria!

Take two. Dear Pei Yun, you're supposed to jump, not squat there!

Flying shots! Bang, bang, bang!

Besides being a couple dating site, it's also a family get-together park!

Cute kid! I waved to say hi but he ignored me. :(

There's 2 straws in the bottle! So sweet right? ^^

The kid insisted on flying the kite, so her mum had no choice but to stand aside...

蓝天、绿草原、彩色风筝。

Flying fish!

And swimming birds! Haha... My housemate trying to fly to her dreams!

I'm less creative, so I'll just stand there! The view is nice!

Hahaha... I know you don't want to see this, but this is a typical cam-whore picture. :x

Taken by me. One of my favourite pictures! Don't the girls look pretty? ^^

Okay, these are the buds of the plum blossoms.

Red plum flowers...

And white ones.

What do you get if you mix the two?

Pink blossoms?

No!

You get a tree with mixed white, pink and red plum blossoms!

Pretty! I can't wait for all the flowers to bloom and fall off.

Okay. For those who care to see. If not, SKIP THE PICTURE!


Spare for the buildings at the back, I think this picture looks like some Chinese painting.

Bare trees! There're birds already, so spring is not far away! YEA!

Ha... I didn't plan for the framing. Just wanted to capture that reflection...

Sun set!

I tried so hard to capture a round, circular sun that is bright. But this is the best shot I have with a round, circular sun.


Okay, fine. I just like the way the tree branches hang and slightly cover the sun. It's like a maze that the sun will always find the way out.

Anyway, as I was saying, the park is full of couples. I couldn't suppress by mischieve and sneaked some shots of them. Hehehe...

Well-prepared couple who came with a mat.

长长的路,记得要一直一起走下去哦。

There was this couple with the guy lying on the girl's lap, but I couldn't snap them. The girl was in a 走光 pose, and they keep looking at the 5 of us.

The sign is a spoiler!

真爱像海底捞针,所以才可贵。

Hanky panky! Oops. Chin Weng tried to sabo me! He shouted “Ooi, ooi!” when I was taking the picture!

Muackies. I told ya the Chinese are not as conservative as you thought!

A second too late or I would be able to catch them hugging!

Well, there's absolutely nothing wrong with them hugging or kissing at the park. In fact, it's quite sweet. What is a park without loving couples and happy family, right? ^^

Entrance fee is at 10RMB per ticket. The park opens till 6. There're little snacks sold outside the park; buy some before entering because the food and drinks inside can be steeper than those sold outside.

Labels: , , ,

posted by QueenPig @ 12:16 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

QueenPig. The ruler of the kingdom. One of its kind. Legend has it that she will be exceptionally XXX. The rest is up to your imgaination.