Friday, January 26, 2007

Innocent Question 26

Why are some Singaporeans so apathetic?

The extent?

When I reached home today, Piggy Mummy told me that someone (an Indian man, she said) jumped to his death at my block yesterday, 6 p.m. My dad was at the lift lobby when the man landed metres away from him.

Bad luck? Not so. Another woman was a step from where the man landed. Had she walked a little faster, she would be squashed by the man.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just realised I should use victim instead of man. Sounded kinda rude... and heartless (Cute QQ, stop nodding your head!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dad was shocked. He walked in a daze back home and told my mum about it. They decided to call the police. I was like "What? You mean up till then, nobody called the police?!"

Piggy Mummy said she looked out of the window and saw people walking past the bloody body (pun unintended) without so much of a glance. Despite the brain matter spilling out and blood splattered everywhere, there were a few kids looking on.

Yucks. If such a thing happened to me, I'll definitely call the police and pull the kids away from the scene, provided I'm not too much of a shock.

Someone tell me why those people didn't inform the relevant authorities! What would you do if you saw an accident/suicide/emergency?

Labels:

posted by QueenPig @ 10:00 PM

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

QueenPig. The ruler of the kingdom. One of its kind. Legend has it that she will be exceptionally XXX. The rest is up to your imgaination.