Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Journey of Understanding

There are times when we think we don't understand someone. Or more often, others don't understand us.

I was pondering deeply over this yesterday night, fretting over why this is the case and feeling uneasy about it.

As part of a bedtime habit, I picked up the book on Buddhism that Shi Xiong lent me to read before sleeping.

Then it struck me.

Everything is nothing and nothing is everything. One can understand another/self, but yet not understand at the same time. Change is the only constant, making the journey of understanding a never-ending one.

When someone says "I don't understand you/myself", all he needs to do is think a little harder and he will realise that he actually does. When someone says "I understand you/myself", thinking a little harder will let him find out things that he don't understand.

Understanding someone, including the self, is a journey. Take the time to explore.

The question now is, the self does and doesn't exist - how? :/

Labels: ,

posted by QueenPig @ 1:56 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

QueenPig. The ruler of the kingdom. One of its kind. Legend has it that she will be exceptionally XXX. The rest is up to your imgaination.