Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's for life


I'm 22. He's 84.

I'm his grand-daughter for 22 years.

I remember the times when I will run down the long corridor, just to see you sitting at the steps, play cards and waiting for our arrival.

I remember the times when I was young and stayed over at the house, happily messing up the sofa's cushions.

I remember the times when you tempted me with bottles of Yakult.

I remember the soft, chewy candies that must always be there during Chinese New Year, because I like them.

I remember the kuehs, nuts and other yummy stuff you always buy for me.

I remember the 'Heng Hua Bee Hoon' that you cook during Chinese New Year.

I remember you asking me to study hard and get a degree.

I remember the cacti you have which are always long, skinny and tall, just like you.

I remember your hands in mine.

I remember the last look you gave me when I said "Ah Gong, I'm here."

He's 84. I'm 22.

He's my grandpa for life.

Thanks for waiting for me to return. Thanks for giving me such a wonderful mum. Thanks for everything.

Labels: ,

posted by QueenPig @ 10:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

QueenPig. The ruler of the kingdom. One of its kind. Legend has it that she will be exceptionally XXX. The rest is up to your imgaination.