Wednesday, August 02, 2006

National Day Parade Preview '06

Last Saturday, I went to watch NDP Preview with tortiz, after a long long long break from not watching live for me.

I used to go with my god-mother and my brother every year when we were young, because my god-father performs every year. Cool right?

However, as the years go by, the parade simply gets... BORING. Maybe it's age, maybe it's the parade.

Tortiz and I were remininsing the times when the performance will include a short replay of the history of Singapore. I distinctly remember the scene where an old woman was sobbing her heart out while carrying her grandchild. THAT, is what I call a good performance.

Two years later, they still conduct history lessons during NDPs, but this time round, they lacked feelings.

I guess someone must have realised that. Plus, shouldn't we all look forward? And guess what it turned into?

NATIONAL EDUCATION.

What else can I say? Every NDP teaches us the importance of racial and religious harmony, how we should work towards a common goal (to make a properous Singapore) etc. Not that it is bad, but the programmes should have worked together.

For a person like me who totally cannot appreciate the value of history to say that I prefer a NDP history-style, you can already see how bored I am.

And this year, a few stunts here and there remind me of charity performances on TV 10 years ago.

Watch NDP, live or on TV, and you'll see what I mean.
-
-
-
-
-
What a big sidetrack. All I wanted to say is that I enjoyed myself with tortiz. We're simply crazy. And tortiz, next time we'll put the tattooes on okay?! =P
Afterall, its the company that matters.

Labels:

posted by QueenPig @ 9:53 AM

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

QueenPig. The ruler of the kingdom. One of its kind. Legend has it that she will be exceptionally XXX. The rest is up to your imgaination.